Development & Planning
Duties of the Development & Planning Committee are:
- To consider all planning and licensing applications within the town submitted to Forest Heath District Council, and subsequently advise the District Planning Authority of the Town Council's views. Note: This function has been delegated to the Development & Planning Committee by the Town Council
- To consider any local plans, proposed listed buildings, conservation areas, tree preservation orders and building preservation orders
- To monitor all planning applications within the town submitted to East Cambridge District Council, and subsequently advise the District Planning Authority of the Town Council's views.
- To make recommendations to the council on matters that may from time to time arise and that come within the overall duty as listed under the first bullet point above, as well as any other matter as deferred to this committee by the Town Council
- To contribute to the Annual Report and other publicity materials relating to the responsibilities of this committee.
Membership of this committee is elected at the Annual Meeting of the Town Council. Three members or one-third of the total membership, whichever is greater, shall constitute a quorum.
Note: This Committee has delegated powers except for Major Planning Application